Skin is the body’s largest organ. It adapts to changes constantly, both externally and internally, to protect your body. Your skin is always on display and has the power to dictate how good we feel about ourselves. Investing in proper skincare is important. Receiving a facial is relaxing and may seem like a treat, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t justified. Here are ten reasons why a monthly facial can help improve both your physical and mental health.
- A facial cleanses your skin’s pores on a much deeper level. Extractions (expunging blackheads from your pores) help to maintain clear skin, stop acne formation, and minimize pore size. When left unchecked, pores can start to stretch and widen with the accumulation of oil and debris.
- Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause ruddiness, puffiness, and fluid accumulation by manipulating the lymphatic system that lies just under the skin. Facials also aid in detoxification of your skin.
- Facials increase circulation of the blood under the skin, allowing the skin optimal health to facilitate the renewal skin cells.
- Teenagers turn over skin cells every 20-24 days, but for those in their fifties, this only occurs every 45-80 days. Facials provide deeper exfoliation than you can achieve at home. This treatment speeds up your skin’s exfoliation process to smooth skin, allows for better penetration of products, unclogs pores, improves the skin’s ability to retain hydration, and evens skin tone.
- Facials allow you to relax. There are hundreds of different pressure points within your face. With regular facials, these pressure points are massaged, helping to alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Facials help hydrate your skin. Even if you are taking in enough water, your complexion can still be dehydrated from the weather or sun and wind exposure. Many people also mistakenly wash their face with hot water, which will eventually damage the skin.
- Facials slow the aging process. Facial massage stimulates collagen production, which is the cornerstone of healthy skin. Increased collagen production can help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging.
- Facials help you maintain your glow. They allow your skin to feel healthier, smoother, and look more radiant, which in turn helps you feel better about your complexion. This is especially helpful in a world of selfies and social media photo ops. Allow your best self―and best skin―to be your everyday look.
- Facials help even skin tone and lighten dark spots. Dark spots age our skin’s appearance visibly. But remember, no matter how great the facial, sunscreen is still a necessity.
- Regular facials allow our professionally trained estheticians to examine your complexion and counsel you on the proper products to use. Your skin’s needs change depending on the season, how active or stressful your lifestyle is, and your age. Receiving these personalized recommendations is very helpful when searching for solutions in a sea of (sometimes expensive) options.
At The Aesthetic Center by Medical Associates we offer several different facial treatments to suite different skin types and conditions. Some facials are highly moisturizing, while others focus on treating specific problem areas. While one or two sessions are great, you’ll see long-term results and progress with dedicated, one-on-one attention from someone who cares about your skin and wants to help you achieve your goals. Call our office today at 563-584-3444 to schedule your facial today!